For websites, Purple & Green work on a two-stage system for website production with payments made at each stage:
– Design/Content Stage: The majority of the site's content will have been written and prepared, any graphic work will have been completed and the homepage and/or a child page has been designed. This stage will require client sign-off.
– Go Live Stage: All pages will have been designed, all testing done, all pages' SEO and browser optimisation have been completed and the site is live. This is the final stage and all work agreed on the basis of the initial contract is complete.
Purple & Green would like all fees to be paid within 28 days of the dated invoice. We reserve the right to remove or restrict any work should this requirement be broken.
Unless otherwise stated, our payment schedule is as follows:
– 30% deposit to be paid on instruction before any work started
– 70% final payment to be paid after website go-live stage
Or in some cases:
– full payment to be made after project completed
Updates outside original scope:
– in the event of any variations or extensions to the project, or should a client wish to engage Purple & Green on a time and materials basis, all work will be undertaken in accordance with our hourly or daily rates. Please enquire what our current rates are.
Purple & Green reserve the right to re-use technical components developed during the project and will retain intellectual property rights on each development. The client will hold copyright on all work pending payment of final invoice.
Content – Purple & Green can provide a content maintenance service if required. This is billed at our standard hourly rate or an agreed monthly/annual content maintenance contract.
Software Maintenance – Purple & Green guarantees that each project will be compatible with current versions of all major software platforms and browsers. Current release refers to software versions current at the time the website goes live, versions released after this date are not included.
As a rule of thumb, all websites will be tested for use on the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera as well as iPhone and iPad IOS Safari and Android Chrome. If the site is 'responsive', it will be tested for use on all major mobile and tablet browsers. If not, the HTML 'viewport' setting will be used to render the site at appropriate width. Older versions of browsers at the time of the Go Live stage will not be tested.
Variations and extensions
In the event of any variations or extensions to the initial contract, all work will be undertaken in accordance with our hourly or daily rates.
Where website hosting is required, Purple & Green encourages clients to organise their own website hosting so that they retain full control of the hosting server. On rare occasions, Purple & Green offers shared hosting on their hosting account for an annual fee... please enquire what the current fees are. Where applicable, this fee covers an agreed number of email accounts which will be managed in accordance with our own email account policies.
Should our hosting account suffer from problems or software failure, we will work with the hosting provider to ensure service is resumed as quickly as practically possible. Please be aware that some issues are beyond our control but we will work to ensure your website remains up and running. There will be no refunds for any problems with hosting servers.
This proposal assumes goodwill from both sides regarding:
– what can reasonably be achieved in a given time frame
– making best use of resources to achieve the most effective outcomes
All quotes for work are valid for 30 days from date of issue, unless Purple & Green has been engaged.
Failure to make agreed payments at various stages in the process will result in no further work being completed and, in some cases, the work done to date destroyed. Purple & Green reserve the right to take a website down if payment has not been made.
*Please Note: These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time in our sole discretion.